Monday, September 17, 2007

Before it gets stale . . .

I hadn't planned on blogging today, but the house is relatively quiet in its post-Thanksgiving dinner stupor and I have nothing else to do, so I thought I would comment on two things before they get too stale.

1) Dan Rather's "Retirement" - about time and a very good thing. The man started out as a good reporter and ended his career as a left wing hack who still refuses to admit he was suckered on some obviously fake memos (or maybe he wasn't suckered which is even worse). While his leaving is not enough to right the wrong CBS did in going with that fraud of a story, it is a good start and it is another blow to the already weakened liberal network press. I say this knowing that many on the left believe the main stream media is too far "right", which never ceases to amuse me by the way. As an aside, we can always thank Rather for one of the greatest song lyrics every sung - "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"

2. Chem/Bio Lab Found In Fallujah - American forces found a laboratory containing chemicals and manuals for making explosives and toxins, including anthrax. At what point does all this stuff equal WMD? I mean, does it have to be a working nuclear missle for it to count? Does the lab have to be in Dr. Evil's lair? I need to know.

And that's all I have to say about that . . .