Monday, September 17, 2007

Enjoying a winter Saturday . . .

Well, it is a winter (late fall) Saturday and I don't have a lot to do. I love winter Saturdays . . . and winter weekends for that matter. Halloween is my favorite holiday with Christmas and Thanksgiving right behind, and I love cold weather and snow and all that stuff that many people move to Florida to avoid.

The reason I love winter Saturdays in particular is that I don't have to get up early and mow the yard and weed-eat and clean out the basement/garage, and all the other outside stuff that a loving husband is required to do.

On winter Saturdays, I might occasionally clean out the basement/garage or repair something that "ole man" winter damaged, but otherwise I am free to read a book or watch TV or surf the Internet or play computer games.

You would think I would gain weight in my hibernation mode, but normally I lose a few pounds for some reason (My theory is that loving wife keeps the house so cold that my shivering burns about 3000 calories an hour.).

Now, don't get the idea that I have no obligations on these fine days. Believe me, loving wife usually finds something for me to do and the kids still need attention and life goes on. But on the whole winter Saturdays rock.

PS . . . I am off to take my middle son to a golf tournament he is working as a fund raiser for his school band. See, even on a winter Saturday I have things to do . . .