Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, we made it to my home town yesterday in record time. The drive was an easy one and even pleasurable at times.

We checked into the hotel, freshened up and then drove to my parent's house. The family was already well into holiday cheer, having finished off two of three bottles of an excellent sparkling red wine. The wine, plus some margaritas and some holiday snacks made for a great evening, and after a few hours of family bonding we went back to the hotel and settled in for the night.

Waking up this morning, I was informed by my kids that I snore. Now, knowing that I do not snore, I immediately looked to loving wife for support, but she sheepishly went back to blow-drying her hair. Et tu, Brute?

At this point I knew that it was some kind of conspiracy launched by the Bush Administration and I plan on contacting Michael Moore for assistance in starting an investigation as soon as I return home.

Anyway, we ate our free hotel breakfast and headed over to my parents for turkey and all the fixings, which I can smell as I type.

So that brings me up to the moment and I am going to close by wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. May God bless all of you!