Monday, September 17, 2007

Paint jobs and speeding tickets . . .

I was going to work tomorrow even though it is a holiday. Well, work is a stretch I guess, since the only thing I was going to do was take my GOV (government owned vehicle) into a body shop and have them paint the hood.

See, the problem is a couple of months ago someone "keyed" the hood of my GOV and left some pretty ugly scratches there. I have no idea who did it or when, but since I often park my GOV on the street while I am working my guess is someone saw the blue light on the dash and thought it would be a great time to get even for some speeding tickets.

The fact that I have never given anyone a speeding ticket is moot I guess since they certainly didn't discuss their little tirade with me before hand.

But all that is besides the point . . . the point being that I am laying here in my bed typing away on my laptop and thinking I really, really don't want to get up early on a holiday and drive 30 miles to drop off the GOV at the shop when I don't have to.

So the paint job may have to wait another week (I mean it has taken two months to get the repair approved already) and I may sleep in and there is nothing at all wrong with that . . .